Terms and Conditions
Bigcommerce, Inc. and BigCommerce Pty. Ltd. ("BigCommerce") provides a collection of tools and resources to manage an online store, process orders and sell products online and other services (collectively, the " Services"). The following are the terms and conditions for use of the Services (the " Terms"), along with any amendments thereto and any operating rules or policies that may be published from time to time by BigCommerce. You agree that you have read and understand, and have the capacity and authority to accept, agree to and be bound by these Terms.
- Service and Terms
- The Services are provided subject to these Terms and any operating rules or policies that BigCommerce may publish from time to time (collectively, the " Agreement"). BigCommerce may make changes or modifications to this Agreement at any time, and such changes or modifications are effective immediately upon the earliest of (a) BigCommerce’s email notification to you advising you of such changes or modifications, (b) your electronic acceptance of this Agreement after such changes or modifications have been made to this Agreement as indicated by the "Date of Last Revision" date at the top of the Terms, or (c) your continued use of the Services after BigCommerce posts the updated Agreement to bigcommerce.com. In addition, when using particular BigCommerce services, Customer and BigCommerce will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such Services that may be posted from time to time.
- Customer will be one party to this contract. For Customers resident in the United States, BigCommerce, Inc. will be the other contracting party. For all other Customers (non-residents of the United States), BigCommerce Pty. Ltd. will be the other contracting party.
- The Services are available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Services are not available to individuals under the age of 18. If you do not qualify, please do not use the Services.
- The Services provides a collection of tools and resources to manage an online store, process orders and sell products online. In addition, the Services may include migration services relating to your use of the BigCommerce's tools and resources.
- Customer must complete a registration form in order to use the Services. Customer will provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about Customer as requested in the registration form, and will update the information to keep it current. As part of the registration process, Customer will identify an email address and password for Customer's BigCommerce account. Customer is responsible for maintaining the security of Customer's account, passwords, and files, and for all uses of Customer's account and of the Services in Customer's name. BigCommerce reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, accounts it deems inappropriate.
- BigCommerce acknowledges that BigCommerce is responsible for the security of credit cardholder data to the extent that BigCommerce has control of that data. To that end, BigCommerce undertakes regular assessments consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. Customer acknowledges that Customer is responsible for determining the PCI DSS merchant requirements applicable to the Customer and Customer's unique use of the BigCommerce platform and tools.
- Restrictions and Responsibilities
- This is an Agreement for Services, and Customer is not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. Customer will not, directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of or included in the Services or any software, documentation or data related to the Services (" Software"); modify, translate or create derivative works based on the Services or any Software; or copy (except for archival purposes), distribute, pledge, assign or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Services or any Software; use the Services or any Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third party; or remove any proprietary notices or labels.
- For every email message sent in connection with the Services, Customer acknowledges and agrees that the recipient has agreed to receive such communication and that Customer will not engage in the act of sending unsolicited emails.
- In using the varied features of the Services, Customer may provide information (such as name, contact information, or other registration information) to BigCommerce. BigCommerce may use this information and any technical information about Customer's use of this website to tailor its presentations to Customer, facilitate Customer's movement through this website, or communicate separately with Customer. BigCommerce will not provide information to companies Customer has not authorized, and BigCommerce will not authorize the companies that get such information to sell and redistribute it without Customer’s prior consent.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that: (a) the Services including without limitation, any modifications, enhancements and updates, and any originals and copies thereof, in whole or in part, and all intellectual property rights therein (collectively, " Proprietary Information") are owned by BigCommerce and/or its third party sponsors, partners, and other co-branders (collectively, " Content Providers"), (b) the Proprietary Information contains valuable copyrighted material and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws, (c) the Proprietary Information is licensed, rather than sold, to Customer pursuant to these Terms, and (d) Customer has no rights in the Proprietary Information, other than the rights and licenses granted to Customer herein.
- BigCommerce Trademarks. "BigCommerce" and our logos (both words and design) either are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks of BigCommerce or its Content Providers, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part without BigCommerce's prior express written consent or that of our Content Providers. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, design and user interface elements, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of BigCommerce and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part without our prior written permission, which consent may be withheld in our sole discretion. All other marks or logos not owned by BigCommerce are the property of their respective owners.
- Reservation of Rights. Except for the rights expressly granted to Customer pursuant to these Services, Customer acknowledges that it has no right, title or interest in or to this website, the Services or Proprietary Information. All rights not expressly granted by BigCommerce in these Terms are hereby reserved by BigCommerce. There are no implied rights.
- Term and Termination
- Customer may terminate this Agreement at any time. To learn more about how to terminate this Agreement, please click here . See also Section 7 below (Fees and Payment; Upgrade, Downgrade and Cancellation of Services) for more information regarding termination of this Agreement or related Services.
- BigCommerce may terminate this Agreement or the Services at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice. BigCommerce will have no liability to Customer or any third party because of such termination.
- Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement by either party for any reason, (a) BigCommerce will cease providing the Services, (b) you will not be entitled to any refunds of any usage fees or any other fees, pro rata or otherwise and (c) any outstanding balance owed to BigCommerce for your usage of the Services through the effective date of such termination or expiration will immediately become due and payable in full. All sections of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability.
- Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement by either party for any reason, BigCommerce may delete any Customer archived data within 30 days after the date of termination.
- Disputes Regarding Account or Site Ownership
- The entity or person creating a BigCommerce account and designated as the owner will be deemed the account owner. For security reasons, only the account owner or the point of contact designated by the account owner will be allowed to make changes, cancellations, or designate a new point of contact. Disputes sometimes arise between or among multiple persons claiming ownership of or rights in a site, store or account. BigCommerce is not obligated to, and will not, resolve any such disputes.
- If multiple persons are claiming ownership of or rights in a site, store or account, and, in BigCommerce's sole judgment, there is uncertainty as to the ownership of or rights in such site, store or account, then BigCommerce will, to the extent of its knowledge and ability, notify such persons of the dispute and demand that such persons promptly, conclusively, and finally resolve the dispute in a manner which makes clear who the owner(s) and/or interest holder(s) is/are and in a manner which relieves BigCommerce of all liability and obligations concerning the dispute and such site, store or account. If the disputing persons fail to resolve the dispute within what BigCommerce, in its sole judgment, deems to be a reasonable time, then BigCommerce, at its sole option and without any obligation to do so, may suspend or terminate the account until such persons resolve such dispute and reach certainty regarding ownership of or rights in such website, store and/or account. The person or persons conclusively and finally determined by court order, binding arbitration or settlement agreement to be the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) of such website, store and/or account will be obligated to pay all amounts due and comply with the then current BigCommerce policy regarding transfers of accounts, if required, to transfer ownership of the site, store and/or account to the rightful owner. Failure of the rightful owner of such site, store and/or account to timely pay in full all of such amounts will be deemed a breach of these Terms and will subject the account to immediate termination.
- Customer's Name and Trademarks; Customer Feedback; Customer Submissions
- Name and Trademarks. Customer hereby grants BigCommerce a non-exclusive right and license to use Customer’s name and such of Customer’s trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos ("Customer’s Marks") as are used by Customer on Customer’s hosted sites in connection with this Agreement, and images and publically-facing information about Customer on Customer’s hosted sites including, but not limited to, screenshots of Customer’s hosted sites and associated photographs appearing on Customer’s hosted sites ("Customer Public Information and Images"): (a) on BigCommerce's own websites describing and promoting BigCommerce's Services, (b) in printed and online advertising, publicity, directories, newsletters and updates describing and promoting BigCommerce's Services, and (c) in applications reasonably necessary and ancillary to the foregoing. Customer (i) represents and warrants to BigCommerce that Customer has all necessary rights to grant BigCommerce the foregoing rights, and (ii) agrees that neither Customer nor anyone else will be entitled to any compensation for BigCommerce's exercise of the foregoing rights.
- Customer Voluntary Suggestions. Some of the features of this website or the Services found at this website may allow Customer to view, post, publish, share, store, or manage (a) ideas, opinions, recommendations, feedback or advice (" Customer Feedback"), or (b) literary, artistic or other content, including but not limited to photos and videos (" Customer Submissions") (Customer Feedback together with Customer Submissions, " Customer Voluntary Suggestions"). By providing Customer Voluntary Suggestions to BigCommerce via any method (e.g. site submission, email, survey responses, etc.), Customer represents and warrants to BigCommerce that (i) Customer has all necessary rights to distribute Customer Voluntary Suggestions via this website or via the Services found at this website, either because Customer is the author of the Customer Voluntary Suggestions and has the right to distribute the same, or because Customer has the appropriate distribution rights, licenses and/or permissions to use, in writing, from the copyright or other owner of the Customer Voluntary Suggestions, and (ii) Customer does not violate the rights of any third party by providing the Customer Voluntary Suggestions.
- License to BigCommerce. BigCommerce will have the right to use and disclose any Customer Voluntary Suggestions posted to BigCommerce's corporate websites or submitted directly to BigCommerce for any lawful purpose. In no event will Customer or anyone else be entitled to any compensation or acknowledgement for BigCommerce's use of any Customer Voluntary Suggestions. Customer's provision of Customer Voluntary Suggestions is entirely voluntary and will not create any confidentiality obligation for BigCommerce. By submitting Customer Voluntary Suggestions, Customer hereby grants BigCommerce an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to: (a) use, copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display Customer Voluntary Suggestions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format, medium or application now known or later developed, and (b) use (and permit others to use) Customer Voluntary Suggestions in any manner and for any purpose (including, but not limited to, commercial purposes) that BigCommerce deems appropriate in its sole discretion (including, but not limited to, to incorporating Customer Voluntary Suggestions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, into any technology, product or service. The provisions in this Section apply specifically to BigCommerce's use of Customer Voluntary Suggestions posted to BigCommerce's corporate websites or submitted directly to BigCommerce, and not to Customer’s hosted sites. Customer will be solely responsible for any and all of the Customer Voluntary Suggestions that are submitted through Customer’s account, and the consequences of, and requirements for, distributing it.
- Discussion Areas. BigCommerce makes no representations or warranties with respect to any forums, blogs, private messages, emails, or other electronic discussion mediums made available on or via the Services (collectively, " Discussion Areas") or with respect to any messages, information, or materials contained in the Discussion Areas. Customer's use of, or reliance upon, any such messages, information, or materials is at Customer's sole risk and expense. BigCommerce does not, and cannot, review all of the information and materials provided in the Discussion Areas and has no responsibility or liability for any such information or materials or their use. If BigCommerce becomes aware of any information or materials that it determines violate these Terms or the Discussion Areas' policies promulgated by BigCommerce from time to time or that BigCommerce otherwise deems inappropriate in its sole discretion, BigCommerce reserves the right to delete, move, or edit any such information or materials.
- Export of Services or Technical Data
- Customer may not remove or export from Australia or the United States or allow the export or re-export of the Services, or any direct product thereof, including technical data, in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of Australia, the United States or any other applicable country.
- Fees and Payment; Upgrade, Downgrade and Cancellation of Services
- Fees. In consideration of the Services provided, Customer will pay BigCommerce all fees due according to the prices and terms listed on this website. BigCommerce reserves the right to modify its pricing and terms at any time, and such changes or modifications will be posted on this website and effective immediately upon the next renewal, billing period, upgrade or downgrade of the Services with and/or without notice to Customer. All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Taxes. All fees are exclusive of all federal, state, and/or other governmental sales, goods and services, value-added, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges. Customer shall be responsible for all sales, goods and services, value-added, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges.
- Billing Policies and Cycles. All billing invoices and payment notifications will be maintained directly in Customer's Account Portal. The billing cycle begins on the day Customer converts to a paid store (the "Billing Date") and is due on that day each month, partial year or year thereafter, depending on the Service plan selected and billing terms for individual Services. Billing related to the purchase of SSLs or Domains are billed once these products/services have been purchased by Customer.
- Payment. A valid credit card is required for accounts to process payment. BigCommerce will automatically charge Customer's credit card on file based on Customer's billing cycle (monthly, partial yearly or yearly, depending on the Services selected and billing terms for individual Services) until Customer validly terminates the Services. Fees for prepaid Services are based on Services purchased, regardless of actual usage and payments made for such Services are NON-REFUNDABLE. BIGCOMMERCE DOES NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL DAYS, MONTHS OR YEARS AND DOES NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS TO CUSTOMERS WHO DO NOT USE THEIR ACCOUNTS OR LOG IN.
- Unpaid Accounts. Unpaid amounts are subject to a late payment charge of 1.5% per month, or the maximum legal rate allowed by law, whichever is less. If payment is not received within 30 calendar days of the billing date, BigCommerce will automatically revoke access to Customer's account. BigCommerce may or may not contact Customer directly to notify Customer of its unpaid account. Accounts past due over 90 days will automatically be deactivated.
- Disputed Charges/Billing Inquiries. It is Customer's obligation to review all charges for accuracy. Customer has 30 days from the date of billing to contact BigCommerce and/or dispute the charge. Failure to do so within the specified time frame will constitute Customer's agreement that all charges are valid and Customer thereby waives any claims it may have had regarding such charge.
- Upgrades. Should Customer elect to upgrade its prepaid Services or if such Services are automatically upgraded pursuant to the last sentence of this Section 7.7, the Billing Date of the next renewal period will remain the same; however, Customer will be billed immediately for the pro-rata portion of the upgraded Services fee for the remainder of the current billing period. For example, if a month-to-month customer is billed on October 9th for monthly prepaid Services from October 9th to November 8th, and such Customer’s account is upgraded effective on October 30th, then such Customer will be charged immediately for the pro-rata usage of the upgraded plan from October 30th to November 8th. On November 9th such Customer will be charged for the full monthly fee amount of the upgraded plan.
- Downgrades. Should Customer elect to downgrade its prepaid Services, the downgrade will take effect on the commencement of the next renewal period. In other words, BigCommerce DOES NOT provide credits or refunds on downgrades that are effective during the applicable billing period (whether such period is a month, quarter or year). For example, if a month-to-month customer is billed on October 9th for prepaid Services from October 9th to November 8th and such customer downgrades the prepaid Services effective on October 30th, then the downgrade will take effect on the next billing date, i.e. November 9th.
- BigCommerce Analytics. Payments for the BigCommerce Analytics Service are made in arrears and are based on Customer's store order volume. Should Customer add the BigCommerce Analytics Service, Customer will be billed for that Service on the monthly anniversary of Customer's Billing Date, regardless of the Service plan selected for Customer's prepaid Services. The BigCommerce Analytics fees due each month will be calculated based on Customer's store order volume for the preceding 30 days which will determine the applicable pricing tier as posted on this website. For example, if Customer's Billing Date is the 15th of every month and Customer adds BigCommerce Analytics on June 1, Customer will be billed for BigCommerce Analytics on June 15 based on the applicable pricing tier using Customer’s store’s order volume for the preceding 30 days with the fee prorated 15 days based on usage. Thereafter, Customer will be billed for BigCommerce Analytics on the 15th of every month based on the store's order volume during the preceding 30 days from the Bill Date.
- Cancellations. BigCommerce Services will continue in effect until Customer validly terminates the Services.
Customer must notify BigCommerce of its intent to terminate prepaid Services at least 5 calendar days before the billing renewal date. If notice is not received before such date, such Services will automatically renew for the subsequent renewal period. For example, if a month-to-month customer is billed on October 9th for monthly prepaid Services from October 9th to November 8th and such customer provides a valid notice to terminate its account on November 6th, Customer will automatically be charged for prepaid Services from November 9th to December 8th and the prepaid Services will terminate on December 8th. If the same customer provides notice to terminate its account on November 4th, then the account will terminate on November 8th and such customer will not be charged for any further prepaid Services on such account.
Customer may terminate BigCommerce Analytics upon request. If the termination date is after the Billing Date for the Service, Customer will be billed for BigCommerce Analytics based on the applicable pricing tier using the Customer's store’s order volume for the preceding 30 days from the termination date and prorated based on usage. For example, if Customer's Billing Date is the 15th of every month and Customer terminates with an effective date of termination on June 8, Customer's final bill for BigCommerce Analytics will be calculated based on Customer's store’s order volume for the proceeding 30 days as of the termination date and the applicable tiered pricing will be pro-rated from May 15 through June 8. If Customer terminates BigCommerce Analytics prior to the first Billing Date after Customer adds the Service, Customer's final bill for BigCommerce Analytics will be based on the applicable pricing tier using Customer's store’s order volume for the preceding 30 days and prorated for usage.
Please click here for instructions on how to terminate Services .
- Prohibited Practices
- Prohibited Offerings. Customer may not utilize the Services to provide, sell or offer to sell the following: replicas; controlled substances; illegal drugs and drug contraband; weapons; pirated materials; instructions on making, assembling or obtaining illegal goods or weapons to attack others; information used to violate the copyright(s) of, violate the trademark(s) of or to destroy others' intellectual property or information; information used to illegally harm any people or animals; pornography, nudity, sexual products, programs or services; escort services or other content deemed adult related.
- Profanity. Profanity, profane or otherwise inappropriate subject matter in the site content and in the domain name are prohibited.
- Private Information and Images. Customers may not post or disclose any personal or private information about or images of children or any third party without the consent of such party (or a parent's consent in the case of a minor).
- Violations of Intellectual Property Rights. Any violation of any person's or entity's intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other personal rights is prohibited. BigCommerce may remove or block access to content appearing on or through the Services upon receipt of proper notice of copyright infringement (see "Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement" below).
- Misrepresentation of Transmission Information. Forging, misrepresenting, omitting, or deleting message headers, return mailing information and/or Internet protocol addresses to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message is prohibited.
- Viruses and Other Destructive Activities. Use of the Services for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or for pinging, flooding or mail bombing, or engaging in denial of service attacks is prohibited. It is also prohibited for Customer to engage in other activity that is intended to disrupt or interfere with, or that results in the disruption of or interference with, the ability of others to effectively use the Services (or any connected network, system, service or equipment) or conduct their business over the Internet.
- Hacking. "Hacking" and related activities are prohibited. "Hacking" includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: illegally or without authorization, accessing computers, accounts or networks, penetrating or attempting to penetrate security measures, port scans, stealth scans, and other activities designed to assist in hacking.
- Anonymous Proxies. BigCommerce does not allow the use of anonymous proxy scripts on its servers. They can be very abusive to the server resources, affecting all users on that server. Customer will not access or copy any portion of the Services through any automated viewing, downloading or crawling systems.
- Export Control Violations. The exportation of encryption software outside of Australia or the United States and/or violations of Australian or United States law relating to the exportation of software is prohibited. Customer may not export or transfer, directly or indirectly, any regulated product or information to anyone outside Australia or the United States without complying with all applicable statues, codes, ordinances, regulations, and rules imposed by Australian and United States federal, state or local law, or by any other applicable law.
- Child Pornography. The use of the Services to store, post, display, transmit, sell, advertise or otherwise make available child pornography is prohibited. BigCommerce is required by law to, and will, notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography on, or being transmitted through, the Services.
- Other Illegal Activities. The use of the Services to engage in any activity that is determined by BigCommerce, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be illegal is prohibited. Such illegal activities include, but are not limited to, storing, posting, displaying, transmitting, selling or otherwise making available ponzi or pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards or displaying credit card information of third parties without their consent, and failure to comply with applicable online privacy laws. BigCommerce will cooperate fully with appropriate law enforcement agencies in connection with any and all illegal activities occurring on or through the Services.
- Other Activities. This list of prohibitions provides examples of prohibited conduct, and is not intended to be a complete or exclusive list of all prohibitions. Engaging in any activity that, in BigCommerce's sole and absolute discretion, disrupts, interferes with or is harmful to (or threatens to disrupt, interfere with, or be harmful to) the Services, BigCommerce's business, operations, reputation, goodwill, customers and/or customer relations, or the ability of BigCommerce's customers to effectively use the Services is prohibited. Such prohibited activities include making available any program, product or service that is designed to or could be used to violate these Terms. In addition, the failure of Customer to cooperate with BigCommerce in correcting or preventing violations of these Terms by, or that result from the activity of, a customer, patron, subscriber, invitee, visitor, or guest of Customer constitutes a violation of these Terms by Customer. Without limiting the rights and remedies available to it, BigCommerce reserves the right in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate Customer's access to its account and the Services, with or without notice, and to take any other action that BigCommerce determines in its sole discretion is necessary as a result of any behavior by Customer that is illegal, inappropriate, disruptive to this website, the Services, or to any other user of this website or the Services, or which otherwise breaches these Terms. BigCommerce may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required, or otherwise in BigCommerce's sole discretion, BigCommerce will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity conducted using this website or the Services. These prohibitions do not require BigCommerce to monitor, police, remove or reject any content, information, graphics, photographs or links on Customer’s hosted sites or any Customer Voluntary Suggestions or other information submitted by Customer or any other user.
- Backup Storage
- BigCommerce offers its Services to host ecommerce websites, not to store data. Using an account as an online storage space for archiving electronic files is prohibited and will result in termination of Services without prior notice. For its own operational efficiencies and purposes, BigCommerce from time to time backs up data on its servers, but is under no obligation or duty to Customer to do so under these Terms. IT IS SOLELY CUSTOMER'S DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO SEPARATELY BACKUP CUSTOMER’S FILES AND DATA WHICH MAY RESIDE ON BIGCOMMERCE SERVERS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BIGCOMMERCE BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR LOSS OF CUSTOMER’S FILES AND/OR DATA ON ANY BIGCOMMERCE SERVER.
- Copyright Infringement
- Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement. BigCommerce will respond to notices of copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If a copyright holder believes that there has been a violation of his/her copyright on a site that is hosted by BigCommerce or a BigCommerce subsidiary, the copyright holder may request that BigCommerce remove or disable the material by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (" DMCA"), the written notice must include substantially the following:
- A signature (physical or electronic) of a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to have been infringed, or, if the claim involves multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, with information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Contact information for the person giving the notification, including name, address, telephone, and email address.
- A statement that the person giving the notification has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the person giving the notification is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA notices is:
11305 Four Points Drive
Building II, Third Floor
Austin, TX 78726
Please be aware that if you knowingly make a material misrepresentation that material or activity is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages under the DMCA.
- A signature (physical or electronic) of the person submitting the counter-notification.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.
- Contact information for the person submitting the counter-notification, including name, address, telephone, and email address.
- A statement under penalty of perjury by the person submitting the counter-notification that he/she has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification.
- A statement by the person submitting the counter-notification that Customer will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which it is located (or if Customer resides outside the United States for any judicial district in which Customer's website may be found) and that Customer will accept service from the person (or an agent of that person) who submitted the DMCA notice at issue.
The DMCA allows BigCommerce to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA Notice does not file a court action against Customer within ten business days of receiving the copy of Customer’s Counter-Notice.
Please be aware that if you knowingly make a material misrepresentation that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages under the DMCA.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. If you are a resident of the United States, the laws of the State of Texas will govern the validity and construction of these Terms and any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws. Customer hereby consents (and waives all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Travis County, Texas (USA). If you are not a resident of the United States, the laws of Australia will govern the validity and construction of these Terms and any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws. Customer agrees to waive the right to trial by jury in any action or proceeding that takes place relating to or arising out of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms and is hereby expressly excluded.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. CUSTOMER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ITS USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE AT ITS OWN RISK AND THAT THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS". BIGCOMMERCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND REPRESENTATIONS OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BIGCOMMERCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT (A) THE ABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE TO PERFORM WITHOUT LIMITATION OR RESTRICTION IN ANY GIVEN ENVIRONMENT, (B) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE, (C) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED (THROUGH HYPERLINKS, BANNER ADVERTISING OR OTHERWISE) TO THIS WEBSITE, AND/OR (D)) THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SITES LINKED (THROUGH HYPERLINKS, BANNER ADVERTISING OR OTHERWISE) TO THIS WEBSITE, AND BIGCOMMERCE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SAME.
IN ADDITION, CUSTOMER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY BIGCOMMERCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ITS CALL CENTER OR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES), WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WILL (A) CONSTITUTE PERSONAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL ADVICE OR (B) CREATE A WARRANTY, CONDITION OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE. CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE, AND CUSTOMER SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO ITS SITUATION.
THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WILL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR CUSTOMER’S USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION AND/OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES, OR ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. IN SUCH EVENT, BIGCOMMERCE’S WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE, THE SERVICES, AND SOFTWARE WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN SUCH JURISDICTION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BIGCOMMERCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO CUSTOMER’S OR ITS END USER'S USE OF THE SERVICES AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, AND LOST REVENUE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE ALLEGED IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT BIGCOMMERCE IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BIGCOMMERCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS WILL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE IN AGGREGATE FOR MORE THAN THE TOTAL FEES ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY BIGCOMMERCE FROM CUSTOMER FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE 12-MONTH PERIOD BEFORE THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE. MULTIPLE CLAIMS WILL NOT EXPAND THIS LIMITATION.
IN ADDITION, YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION WILL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. IN SUCH EVENT, THE LIABILITY OF BIGCOMMERCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FOR SUCH DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WILL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR CUSTOMER’S USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE.
- Indemnification of BigCommerce. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold BigCommerce and its Content Providers and the respective directors, officers, employees and agents of each harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to Customer's breach of any of these Terms or use by Customer or any third party (authorized, permitted or enabled by Customer) of the Services, except to the extent the foregoing directly result from BigCommerce's own gross negligence or willful misconduct. BigCommerce reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Customer. THIS FOREGOING INDEMNIFICATION WILL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR CUSTOMER'S USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES FOUND AT THIS WEBSITE.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- No Assignment by Customer. Customer may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of BigCommerce, which BigCommerce may refuse in its sole discretion. Any attempt by Customer to assign this Agreement without prior written consent from BigCommerce will be deemed null and void. BigCommerce may assign this Agreement at any time. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Waiver. The failure of BigCommerce to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms or this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Entire Agreement. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications, and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. The section headings and titles in these Terms and this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. These Terms and this Agreement will be interpreted without application of any strict construction in favor of or against Customer or BigCommerce.
- Independent Contractors. No agency, partnership, joint venture or employment is created as a result of this Agreement, and Customer does not have any authority of any kind to bind BigCommerce in any respect whatsoever.
- Attorneys' Fees. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its costs and attorneys' fees.
- Force Majeure. BigCommerce will have no liability to Customer or any third party for any failure by BigCommerce to perform its obligations under these Terms in the event that such non-performance arises as a result of the occurrence of an event beyond the reasonable control of BigCommerce, including without limitation an act of war or terrorism, natural disaster, failure of electricity supply, riot, civil disorder, or civil commotion or other event of force majeure.
In addition to the Terms above, Customer also agrees to be bound by the additional service specific terms applicable to the Services Customer purchases or uses provided by BigCommerce or its partners. The following Service Specific Terms are hereby incorporated by reference and are binding upon Customer.
BIGCOMMERCE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CUSTOMER RECEIVES FROM THIRD PARTIES.
- BigCommerce Theme Marketplace
- Except as otherwise expressly provided at checkout when licensing a Design Theme, refunds will not be issued to Customers for Design Themes once they are purchased.
- All Design Themes are licensed to customers on a non-exclusive basis and can be reproduced and redistributed an unlimited number of times by BigCommerce. All references to Design Themes in these Terms include any styles associated with the licensed Design Theme.
- BigCommerce grants to Customer, for so long as Customer continues to subscribe and pay for the Services, a nonexclusive license to modify, make derivative works of and use, each licensed Design Theme solely in conjunction with the BigCommerce platform and the Services. For clarity, the foregoing license only allows Customer to use each licensed Design Theme for a single BigCommerce store/website per license purchased. If Customer desires to use a Design Theme for more than one BigCommerce store owned or operated by Customer, a new Design Theme license must be purchased for each such store using the Design Theme. Design Themes may only be used by a Customer and may not be transferred by Customer to any unaffiliated third party without the prior written consent of BigCommerce. For clarity, Customer may not license, sublicense, assign, transfer, redistribute or sell any Design Themes or derivative works thereof to any other parties. Design Themes are the exclusive property of BigCommerce or our design partner, and all right, title and interest in each Design Theme shall remain exclusively with BigCommerce or the applicable design partner.
- If Customer licenses a Design Theme for its website, BigCommerce may provide your personal information to our design partner to facilitate the design partner's provision and/or offer of support/services and/or products to the Customer. Technical support for a Design Theme is the responsibility of the designer partner, and BigCommerce does not accept any responsibility to provide such support.
- If Customer customizes a Design Theme via any tool other than Theme Editor or with Style Editor, neither BigCommerce nor its design partners are obligated to support that Design Theme.
- It is the responsibility of Customer, and not BigCommerce, to ensure that the installation of a new Design Theme does not overwrite or damage the current or preexisting theme, or UI, of Customer.
- BigCommerce offers migration services ("Migration Services") to Customers purchasing select Service plans as described on our website for an additional fee. BigCommerce supports most standard shopping cart database schemes by default. Our Migration Services do not guarantee proper migration of the custom data, fields or information handled by third-party modules and/or contributions.
- We recommend that data is migrated into a store which is not live (visible to the public and/or transacting). If for any reason you require Migration Services to transfer data into a live store we recommend that your store is placed in “maintenance mode” during the data transfer as importing large amounts of data can disrupt business flow within a live store site.
- Our onboarding services (“Onboarding Services”) include configuration of basic BigCommerce store settings and is available to Customers purchasing select Service plans as described on our website or for an additional fee.
- Unless included in a select Service plan, Migration Services and Onboarding Services are Services for which we charge a one-time, upfront fee. All such Services are non-refundable, except solely at the discretion of BigCommerce in the case of a major technical issue that is exclusively the fault of BigCommerce and that BigCommerce is unable to resolve within 30 days of receipt of written notification from you.
Last updated: March 20, 2014
This is the website of BigCommerce.
Our postal address is:
Level 6, 1-3 Smail St
Ultimo NSW 2007
We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach us by telephone at (US) 1-888-699-8911 or (Int) +1-512-758-7588.
We take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. These privacy practices apply to the website located at the www.bigcommerce.com and related BigCommerce websites, pages, applications, and mobile applications (collectively, the "Site"), that you were viewing when you clicked through to this policy, which is operated directly by us or by our affiliated companies.
If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please let us know by sending us email at the above address.
When you interact with our Site, for example by making a purchase or subscribing to an email list, we may collect information about you including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
We may share this information with our affiliated companies who are controlled by, who control or who are under common control with BigCommerce.
We may share this information along with a record of any transactions you conduct on our Site or offline with us with a third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver you advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain other websites. Data shared with our third-party partner is made anonymous.
We may use third parties to help us provide services and marketing to you, such as processing payments, fulfilling orders or designing website templates for your use. If personally identifiable information is provided to any of these third parties, we will require that such information be maintained by them in strictest confidence.
We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may place a cookie on your browser, or use a web beacon, to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites. If you would like to opt-out from having the behavioral-based advertising companies with whom we have a relationship use your information for advertising purposes you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance. Opting out will not in any way affect your use of our Site.
We may participate in demographic, interest, and location based advertising. If we do so, we will not use personally identifiable information (PII) in conjunction with this information. You may opt out or customize your demographic and interest based settings, on the Google Display Network, using Ad Settings.
We are always seeking to improve our business. In accomplishing these objectives, we may buy or sell a company, or one or more of the companies in our corporate family may merge with or be acquired by another company. If we sell a business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
Our Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through our Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under thirteen (13) without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Upon request, we provide Site visitors with access to all information (including proprietary information) that we maintain about them.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site.
If you feel that this Site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone numbers.
IF YOU, FOR YOURSELF OR ON BEHALF OF ONE OR MORE PERSONS YOU ARE REPRESENTING WITH RESPECT TO BIGCOMMERCE SERVICES, DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING TERMS, YOU MUST, FOR YOURSELF AND ON BEHALF ANY SUCH PERSON(S), DISCONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND, IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT. BEGINNING NOW, ANY CONTINUATION BY YOU IN USING THE SERVICES CONSTITUTES FOR YOU AND THOSE REPRESENTED BY YOU AN EXPRESS AFFIRMATION AND COMMITMENT TO BE (OR TO CONTINUE TO BE, AS APPLICABLE) LEGALLY BOUND BY AND TO COMPLY WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS.